MASSIVE ROCKET ATTACK – IRON DOME INTERCEPTS 28 OF 31

This past Erev Shabbat Israel terminated  Zuhir Musa Ahmed Qaisi and his deputy.  Ahmed Qaisi was the head of the Hamas affiliated Popular Resitance Committee and was responsible for the kidnapping of Gilad Shalit. Israel left him alone until he was caught plotting a new kidnapping of Israeli soldiers. Since the Israeli attack Hamas has bombarded Israel with over 135 rockets since last Friday. Israel’s Iron Dome succeeded in intercepting the Hamas missiles in 28 out of 31 attempts.  – THE MIKE REPORT.

After more than 100 rockets were fired from Gaza into southern Israel over the weekend, the coastal enclave’s terrorist rulers are seeking a ceasefire. According to a report on Kol Yisraelradio on Saturday night, Hamas is trying to reach a ceasefire through Egyptian mediation. Hamas spokesman Taher al-Nunu acknowledged in a conversation withKol Yisrael said that the terror organization’s Gaza prime minister, Ismail Haniyeh, is handling the contacts with Egypt.  Al-Nunu said Hamas is awaiting Israel’s response to the request for a ceasefire, which will be delivered through Egypt. Al-Nunu said that if Israel stops attacking in Gaza, Hamas would be willing to discuss putting an end to the rocket fire.

Approximately 135 rockets had been fired from Friday afternoon and until 7:30 p.m. Saturday (Israel time), according to the IDF. 74 of the rockets struck within Israel. The Iron Dome system intercepted the rockets in 28 out of 31 attempts to do so. Eight Israelis have been wounded by the rockets. Most suffered light to moderate wounds. One, a foreign worker, was seriously injured on Friday evening and was taken for treatment at the Soroka Hospital in Be’er Sheva.

Read the entire article at Hamas Seeks Ceasefire to End Escalation in Gaza – Defense/Security – News – Israel National News.

The Times of Israel says this is a battle neither side wanted – you can read that article by clicking HERE – THE MIKE REPORT.

Advertisements